CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Colts vs. Bengals; 2005


We met November 20th of 2005. It was the Colts vs. Bengals game and one of my girlfriends was dating one of Randy's friends. So I met up with this group who got together every Colts game & there was Randy. He kindly introduced himself to me and he struggled to keep my attention as I was distracted visiting with my girlfriend. A couple weeks went by and we met up again for another Colts game. There was Randy... he shouted out to me, "Hey Hannah". I leaned over to my girlfriend and asked her what his name was b/c I couldn't remember but was impressed with the fact that he remembered mine. He asked for my number that night and as I left I was sure we wouldn't have anything in common and our phone conversation wouldn’t exceed a couple minutes. Well, I was wrong. We were on the phone a couple hours the following night and everything he said made me smile. The thing that truly captured me was these words, “I’m not looking for a relationship”. We had just both gotten out of long term relationships so all I was looking for was a friend & thankfully so was he. Well the Lord had something else in mind. From that night on I couldn’t get him out of my mind. So we talked & texted on the phone that whole week and met up with each other again to watch a movie with some friends. He was just as good looking as I had remembered and now I knew what he was about which made him all the more attractive. I couldn’t fight it… as badly as I thought I didn’t want to start another relationship I knew in my heart this was worth it b/c I had just met the person I was going to spend the rest of my life with. The rest is history… we never had a “define this relationship talk”, or a “where is this going” it just happened naturally as the Lord intended it to be for Randy & I. Now everyday I thank the Lord for bringing us together as he did.

0 comments: